Small valley in rural area with a mix of old and fragile metalwork, farming and forestry activities. After a slow decline, the population started increasing again but only thanks to cheap buildable plots. Such demographic revival is not the result of job increase.
The role play includes five local councils gathered into a cooperative structure. While competing on some issues such as equipment distribution (schools, sport and cultural facilities) or new housing, they are united to make this area attractive and dynamic again, through five ways:
- modernize the industrial fabric, provided that housing and public facilities supply meet a more qualified workforce’s demand;
- take advantage of biomass (forest, livestock) to attract companies needing continuous heating and electricity, and work towards a positive energy area, while improving farmers’ income through diversification into higher added value activities;
- promote the residential economy while taking into account the area’s numerous second homes by equipping it with digital infrastructure and co-working spaces;
- develop green and rural tourism (the capital city is 140 km away);
- revive the local commercial fabric by restructuring the offer and bringing shops to tourists and second homes owners.