The computer program accomplishes four tasks:
- it simulates roles that are not being played: residents, applicants for dwellings, land owners, bankers, service firms and subcontractors (induced jobs), expropriation judges, land appraisers;
- it gives on line information on the state of the system at any given time; to this end, it includes a consultation module and a geographical information system;
- it does the accounting for the players and keeps records of all events;
- it manages the progress of the game in a sequential manner, a year being represented by six successive phases:
- land acquisition,
- requests for building permits (planning permissions),
- implementation of legal regulations: land use rules, contributions to financing of facilities (planning obligations), expropriation, etc.
- housing market,
- public and private investments,
- spontaneous changes in the population and of the building fabric.
IT implementation: Awacs company (in C Sharp language for Microsoft Windows)